San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, May 13, 2023
Local Kitchens helps the best local restaurants expand to new cities with our network of micro food halls. We are shaping the path of a $900bn restaurant industry to go digital while bringing high-quality food options to families in every neighborhood. Today, we are operating in the SF Bay Area, Sacramento, and Orange County regions, and rapidly expanding throughout California in 2023.
Our team was on the founding team at DoorDash and we are well-capitalized by tier 1 venture capital investors and angels like David Novak (CEO/Founder of Yum Brands), Tony Xu (CEO of DoorDash), and Jack Dorsey (CEO of Square/Twitter). Read more about us in QSR Magazine, QSR Web, and in the SF Business Times.
About the Role:
We are seeking a creative and relentless Development Chef to help bring new Brand Partners on to the Local Kitchens platform. This role will report to the Culinary Director and work in conjunction with our Partner Success team. You will develop new Local Kitchens menus with new Restaurant Brand Partners. The Development Chef must bring a passion for food and a relentless attitude towards the quality of execution.
- Collaborate in defining Local Kitchens and new brand partner menus
- Recipe test and develop procedures for execution of all partner dishes
- Collaborate with partners on optimal product and packaging of proprietary menu items
- Execute tasting sessions and development meetings
- Develop training procedures and assets for onboarding new brand partners
- Collaborate with the Quality team to train kitchen staff on new brand partners
- Ongoing recipe testing of current Brand Partners to ensure highest quality of execution
- Researching and testing equipment for increased culinary excellence
- Develop recipes and techniques for Partner Menu execution
- Onboard new Brand Partners with excellence in quality of execution
- Provide direct culinary support between Local Kitchens and Partner Culinary Teams
- Innovate on execution of Local Kitchens partner menus through development of recipes and testing equipment
- 1-3 years of executive chef and/or R&D Chef.
- Ability/willingness to travel throughout Bay Area up to 50% of the time
- Relentless - urgency to hit goals no matter what, scrappy, get a lot done
- Creative + first-principles thinker - design a concept from scratch that has never been done before- reinterpret how food can be executed at the highest quality and fastest way possible
- Extremely details-oriented and organized.
- Customer obsession - use guest experience to guide every decision
- Knowledge of a mix of cuisines and culinary techniques
Nice to Have:
- Ability to interact and manage client relationships
- Understand of supply chain constraints
- Experience with CPG co-packers, and production facilities
- Guest love: Local Kitchens exists to make guests happy. We start with “what would the guest want?” and work backwards. Support Center works to serve our kitchen teams, so that they can take care of our guests.
- First principles thinking: We keep asking “why” like a 4-year old and never accept the status quo. We are truth seekers. We reason from fundamental truths in order to invent new ways to delight guests.
- Operate at the lowest level of detail: We solve problems at the lowest level of detail e.g. by going to the kitchen. We measure everything and win arguments with data. We don’t use sloppy thinking.
- Relentless: We outwork everyone, it’s our most controllable competitive advantage. We don’t get knocked down when things are tough.
- Drive for excellence: We are intrinsically motivated and strive to get 1% better every day.
- No job beneath you: We do whatever is needed to help the team win. We don’t understand the words “that’s not my job”. We always wash the dishes.
- Play with joy: We bring joy to work every day. We support each other with contagious energy and optimism. We choose to have fun even when it feels like a grind.
This is an opportunity of a lifetime! Local Kitchens is being built by some of the best in the world including the first few employees at DoorDash and Momofuku. We are backed by some of the best investors in the world. We have set out to work as hard as humanly possible, to work as a team, and to serve local communities with the best selection of food and the best employment opportunities. If you're someone who is looking for a career-defining opportunity, someone who is willing to grind it out day after day, someone who has enthusiasm for guests and partners - we want to hear from you.
For more insight about Local Kitchens, visit our website https://www.localkitchens.com/ and follow us on instagram @eat.local.kitchens.
See more open positions at Local Kitchens
Something looks off?