Sales & Business Development
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, September 5, 2023
Local Kitchens helps the best local restaurants expand to new cities with our network of micro food halls. We are shaping the path of a $900bn restaurant industry to go digital while bringing high-quality food options to families in every neighborhood. Today, we are operating in the SF Bay Area, Sacramento, and Orange County regions, and rapidly expanding throughout California in 2023.
Our team was on the founding team at DoorDash and we are well-capitalized by tier 1 venture capital investors and angels like David Novak (CEO/Founder of Yum Brands), Tony Xu (CEO of DoorDash), and Jack Dorsey (CEO of Square/Twitter). Read more about us in QSR Magazine, QSR Web, and in the SF Business Times.
As a Partnerships Lead, you'll join our experienced sales team who have excelled in the art of leading deliberate sales processes. We are seeking a Partnerships Lead to lead our new restaurant acquisition sales efforts – with a specific target on the best local and regional restaurants in Northern and Southern California.
You’ll report into our Head of Revenue, and work closely with our culinary, finance, markets, and partnerships teams to source, build relationships, structure, negotiate, and close opportunities that bring long-term value to both our Partners and Local Kitchens. If you’re a self-starter, hungry for a true start-up environment that is fast paced and ever changing and have a passion for restaurants, this is the role for you.
- Lead and manage the entire sales cycle: prospecting, negotiating, and closing new restaurant partnerships for Local Kitchens
- Execute our go-to-market motion for outbound and referral pipeline generation and map out stakeholders of enterprise-level organizations to gain an understanding of their decision criteria and partner with decision makers (MEDDIC selling)
- Accurately and effectively manage your sales pipeline from end-to-end in order to prioritize business opportunities and resources
- Understand the competitive landscape and our partners unique needs to determine how to best position Local Kitchens in the market
- Partner with cross-functional teams (Finance, Marketing, Culinary, Markets, Partnerships) to structure and execute a comprehensive deal process: develop deal strategy, synthesize data, lead analysis, define the overall business approach, and get buy-in on your proposed partnerships
- You have 5-7 years of Sales / Business Development experience
- You have experience managing a sales process from end-to-end (sourcing to close) and have a process for moving opportunities through the sales cycle
- Strong verbal and written communication
- You have experience exceeding sales quota goals
- You express creative sales tactics to engage with prospects
- You have experience using a CRM and Google Apps
- You are a quick learner that enjoys tackling open-ended problems
- You thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment
- You are energized by trying new things, and enjoy making an impact
- Advanced proficiency in Excel / Google Sheets / Google Slides required
Nice to Have
- Direct restaurant experience - either chef / back of house and/or expansion/growth/operations focused role
- Experience selling directly to restaurant brands
- Experience in consulting / technology … ideally has high-growth or early-stage startup experience
- Guest love: Local Kitchens exists to make guests happy. We start with “what would the guest want?” and work backwards. Support Center works to serve our kitchen teams, so that they can take care of our guests.
- First principles thinking: We keep asking “why” like a 4-year old and never accept the status quo. We are truth seekers. We reason from fundamental truths in order to invent new ways to delight guests.
- Operate at the lowest level of detail: We solve problems at the lowest level of detail e.g. by going to the kitchen. We measure everything and win arguments with data. We don’t use sloppy thinking.
- Relentless: We outwork everyone, it’s our most controllable competitive advantage. We don’t get knocked down when things are tough.
- Drive for excellence: We are intrinsically motivated and strive to get 1% better every day.
- No job beneath you: We do whatever is needed to help the team win. We don’t understand the words “that’s not my job”. We always wash the dishes.
- Play with joy: We bring joy to work every day. We support each other with contagious energy and optimism. We choose to have fun even when it feels like a grind.
This is an opportunity of a lifetime! Local Kitchens is being built by some of the best in the world including the first few employees at DoorDash and Momofuku. We are backed by some of the best investors in the world. We have set out to work as hard as humanly possible, to work as a team, and to serve local communities with the best selection of food and the best employment opportunities. If you're someone who is looking for a career-defining opportunity, someone who is willing to grind it out day after day, someone who has enthusiasm for guests and partners - we want to hear from you.