Senior Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Monday, October 4, 2021
Local Kitchens helps the best local restaurants expand to new cities with our network of micro food halls. We are shaping the path of a $900bn restaurant industry to go digital while bringing high-quality food options to families in every neighborhood. Today, we are operating in the SF Bay Area, Sacramento, and Orange County regions, and rapidly expanding throughout California in 2023.
Our team was on the founding team at DoorDash and we are well-capitalized by tier 1 venture capital investors and angels like David Novak (CEO/Founder of Yum Brands), Tony Xu (CEO of DoorDash), and Jack Dorsey (CEO of Square/Twitter). Read more about us in QSR Magazine, QSR Web, and in the SF Business Times.
About the Role:
We are seeking a software engineer with seasoned fullstack engineering capabilities and intuition for product and design. You will work directly with our kitchen team members on the Operational Excellence Pod. You’ll do rapid prototyping to solve our most burning problems and spend time in the field in our kitchens gathering feedback and conducting research. As the company grows, you will play an integral role in recruiting, hiring, and defining our engineering culture. We are offering meaningful equity, a competitive salary, and eat a lot of GREAT food!
- Contribute to product direction and prioritization
- Own technical architecture decisions
- Work side by side with our users in order to craft the optimal solution for their needs
- Contribute to and define a product focused engineering culture
- Enable great restaurant brands to serve more happy guests
- Comfort with React, Typescript, and GraphQL
- Experience shipping web applications from MVP to GA
- UX intuition
- Previous startup experience
- Passion for solving our guests most burning problems
- 3-5 years of experience
Nice to Have:
- Previously worked at an Operationally heavy company
- Tailwind CSS
- Apollo GraphQL
- React Native
- Guest love: Local Kitchens exists to make guests happy. We start with “what would the guest want?” and work backwards. Support Center works to serve our kitchen teams, so that they can take care of our guests.
- First principles thinking: We keep asking “why” like a 4-year old and never accept the status quo. We are truth seekers. We reason from fundamental truths in order to invent new ways to delight guests.
- Operate at the lowest level of detail: We solve problems at the lowest level of detail e.g. by going to the kitchen. We measure everything and win arguments with data. We don’t use sloppy thinking.
- Relentless: We outwork everyone, it’s our most controllable competitive advantage. We don’t get knocked down when things are tough.
- Drive for excellence: We are intrinsically motivated and strive to get 1% better every day.
- No job beneath you: We do whatever is needed to help the team win. We don’t understand the words “that’s not my job”. We always wash the dishes.
- Play with joy: We bring joy to work every day. We support each other with contagious energy and optimism. We choose to have fun even when it feels like a grind.
This is an opportunity of a lifetime! Local Kitchens is being built by some of the best in the world including the first few employees at DoorDash and Momofuku. We are backed by some of the best investors in the world. We have set out to work as hard as humanly possible, to work as a team, and to serve local communities with the best selection of food and the best employment opportunities. If you're someone who is looking for a career-defining opportunity, someone who is willing to grind it out day after day, someone who has enthusiasm for guests and partners - we want to hear from you.