Head of Sales
Sales & Business Development
Remote · New York, NY, USA
Posted on Friday, April 8, 2022
At Praxis Labs, we’re on a mission to make workplaces — and ultimately society — more equitable and inclusive.
Praxis Labs is an end-to-end immersive learning platform for soft skills that combines the best of research-driven curriculum and learning science, engaging VR/MR learning experiences, and actionable insights to drive individual and organizational change.
Praxis Labs was founded by women of color. As a diverse team, we bring our lived experiences and unique perspectives to bear as we seek to build the most efficacious and impactful learning experiences. We partner with the world’s leading enterprise brands to inspire more inclusive and innovative organizations that retain talent and support belonging. Our comprehensive approach and insights translate learning into action, driving tangible improvements on workplace culture and policy.
As a fast growing mission-driven startup, we are looking for a Head of Sales who will report to our CEO and be a key member of our leadership team to help us grow and increase our impact.
Base salary range: $180,000-$250,000
- 1 month, you will have: (1) Assessed our current sales and marketing teams and processes to identify areas of opportunity as you take on day to day leadership of the team, (2) Met and worked across Product, Client Impact and other teams to understand our product offering and the business outcomes we're moving for clients (3) Met externally with current customers and prospective customers and begun to support team deal closures (4) Reviewed current assets, collateral, positioning, and systems and have a hypothesis on how to improve them
- In 3 months you will have: (1) Added team members to our growing sales team, (2) Identified and progressed new deal opportunities, (3) Coached and supported the sales team with current deals, (4) Made changes to our collateral, processes, systems, and positioning to help us better achieve our targets and impact.
- In 6 months you will have: (1) Closed multiple enterprise deals and supported team in closing key deals, (2) Hired strong new team members who are ramping quickly, (3) Identified and begun executing on new playbooks and GTM strategies
Roles & Responsibilities
- Lead and develop the sales organization from five, (currently 3 AEs, 1 BDR, 1 Rev Ops lead) to at least eight by EOY, ensuring a culture of belonging
- Increase onboarding effectiveness and decrease time to ramp for the sales team, empowering and supporting new team members to reach impact and success sooner
- Generate and maintain pipeline coverage that attains or exceeds targets
- Engage and nurture a network of HR executives who look to Praxis Labs for their talent development solutions and thought leadership on creating equitable, inclusive, and valuable teams
- Identify and secure new logos; architect enterprise deals with Fortune 500 customers across industries
- Improve forecasting tools and overall accuracy and enhance existing playbook, processes and systems to help the sales organization scale
- Advance the sales strategy, identify and execute on critical priorities for each stage of growth and communicate objectives, successes and misses with the leadership team
- Establish effective and proactive communication cadences with the Co-Founders and leadership team and appropriately support cross functional colleagues
- Champion impact for Praxis Labs customers and learners every single day
- You have built and led sales for high-growth startups from the ground up, working with early stage founders and Leadership Teams.
- You balance strategy with action, and have the ability to identify and execute on key priorities. You are willing and able to be hands on as needed.
- You are experienced with HR facing products and have successfully sold to executive HR officers (CHRO, CDO, L&D) and/or executive stakeholders outside HR.
- You have successfully led and closed multi-million dollar, consultative enterprise deals with Fortune 500 customers.
- You have strong self awareness, a growth mindset, and you receive and implement feedback readily and effectively.
- You have a track record of meeting and exceeding objectives individually and as the leader of a high-performing sales team.
- You leverage strong, effective communication with your team and with internal and external stakeholders. You foster transparency and collaboration across the organization.
- You show up every day as a consultant, partner and champion for your customers.
- You feel compelled to serve the mission of Praxis Labs and you share and lean into Praxis Labs’ values.
Benefits & Perks
- Diverse and inclusive culture
- Competitive salary + equity
- Comprehensive health benefits
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous vacation policy
- Professional development budget
- Annual wellness stipend
- Work From Home stipend
- Quarterly team retreats
Due to COVID-19, we have moved to a temporary remote working environment - we recognize the challenges of working from home and welcome open dialogue on what the best hours and working environment looks like for each individual. We also provide a generous stipend for home office setup while we’re still fully remote.
See more open positions at Praxis Labs
Something looks off?