Senior Software Engineer - Backend (Remote)
What Success Looks Like:
- In 1 month, you will have collaborated with Product, Design, and Engineering team members to contribute to a new or ongoing project
- In 3 months, you will have owned a project from start to end, written technical briefs and documentation to contribute to understanding across teams, and contributed to improving engineering processes across the team
- In 6 months, you will have collaborated cross-functionally to launch and track the impact of a new feature you worked on
Role & Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the roll-out of engineering standards (coding, testing, structure) for the backend systems
- Work closely with the Dir. of Platform Engineering, founding engineers, and co-founders to design and develop backend systems and API's that serve our learning platform
- Interface with front-end team to ensure seamless handoff
- Establish high standards for code quality, documentation
- 4+ years experience working as hands-on backend engineer, with experience working closely with frontend teams in the past
- 2+ years of experience contributing to and scaling a production grade a Ruby on Rails application
- Familiarity with developing GraphQL API's
- Experience with database design for MySQL databases
- Familiarity with Docker
- Familiarity with APM tools such as DataDog
- Able to communicate clearly and write clear documentation
- Strong understanding of Software Development life cycle
- Experience working with Cloud environments such as AWS
The pay range for this position at the start of employment is expected to be between $140,000 and $180,000/year. However, the base pay offered may vary depending on multiple factors, including job-related knowledge, skills, experience, market factors, location, and business need.
What you’ll love about us:
- We are a diverse, interesting, caring and inclusive group of folks
- Fully Remote; #workfromanywhere
- We offer competitive compensation, employer paid health, medical and dental benefits
- 401k with employer match
- We believe everyone is an owner in the company, which is why all full-time employees receive equity in the business
- Flexible paid time off — unlimited vacation, and sick days & paid parental leave
- Company retreats, holiday parties, and opportunities to gather virtually and in person
- Reimbursements for wellness, continuing education, & more
Studies have shown that women, people of color, and those from underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they check every box in the job description. That said, if you're genuinely excited about the opportunity and worried you don’t meet all the requirements, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles!
Praxis Labs is committed to developing a barrier-free hiring and interview process and work environment. If you require any accommodation at all, please email our People Operations Team at Peopleops@praxislabs.co and we’ll work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Praxis Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We believe that a successful organization is one that celebrates its employees for who they are, who they love, and the unique lens through which they experience the world. Praxis Labs does not discriminate based on race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or other legally protected status. We understand that our differences make us better. They empower us to learn from each other, lean on each other, and create a product and community that models the behavior we hope to see in others.