Workplace Equity Consultant (Amsterdam)
Do you want to empower organizations to fairly and equitably hire, promote, retain and compensate their employees? Syndio is a Series-C technology company committed to fairness in the workplace. Fueled by investments of $83M from Bessemer Ventures, Voyager Capital and social change organization Emerson Collective, Syndio is investing in growing our team and products.
This is a critical moment when organizations are looking for ways to take tangible action to fight gender and racial bias, and we believe creating diverse and inclusive workplaces for all starts with workplace equity
- Draw on your past experience in compensation, HR, employment law, economics, or diversity, equity and inclusion (DE&I) strategy as well as Syndio-provided training on workplace equity best practices to provide expert advice on advanced pay equity topics to customers, fellow employees, and external audiences.
- Partner with the sales and customer success team to consult customers on advanced analytical and statistical methods related to their workplace equity analyses and effective usage of the Syndio platform.
- Build Syndio’s brand in EMEA through strategic thought leadership
- Conduct project-based and ad hoc data analyses customized to customer questions about pay equity and other workplace fairness metrics.
- Analyze data for government compliance reports based on Syndio-generated templates and processes, including pay reporting required by the EU Pay Transparency Directive.
- Translate custom analytics into use cases within the product and product requirements while supporting product and development teams as needed on design and implementation plans.
- Partner with the data science and development teams to ensure statistical and systematic accuracy in the product.
- Participate in comprehensive, ongoing training to gain in-depth knowledge about the nuances of pay equity, including statistics, analytics methods, and workplace equity laws.
- This is a remote opportunity, located within the Netherlands
- You are passionate about our mission to close pay gaps and create fairness in the workplace.
- You have experience or knowledge in pay equity, compensation, HR consulting, or compliance-related analytics (We do not provide legal advice, but the individual in this role is expected to provide expert-level compliance advice.).
- You are comfortable conducting multivariate regression analysis, chi-squared tests, and other statistical tests, and can explain methods and results to an audience with a limited statistical background.
- You have a proven track record of developing and applying statistical knowledge to data driven questions.
- You are comfortable generating and interpreting statistical models, analyses, graphs and data.
- You have demonstrated experience with a variety of analytical tools (e.g. Excel, Python, R, SQL, etc.)
- You have the ability to explain and present complicated concepts and research projects to diverse audiences (e.g. in-house counsel, c-suite, HR analytics, etc.)
- You are deeply curious, willing to explore all aspects of the product to understand and identify new opportunities to meet customer needs.
- You have strong attention to detail in all aspects of your work, but especially around the reliability and accuracy of your advice and analyses.
- You are a self-starter who thrives working independently to solve complex problems, with minimal supervision, in a collaborative, kind, and supportive environment.
- You are driven to provide solutions that meet customer needs in a flexible, and often proactive, way.
- You are willing to ask questions and turn to your teammates for support and expertise.
- You’re excited to own and drive initiatives within Syndio that leverage and build your skills and interests..
- At least a master’s degree with significant coursework in a quantitative field, such as economics, statistics, mathematics, sociology, physics, or computer science.
- Experience consulting Fortune 500 organizations on topics related to their people, such as compensation, HR policies, diversity, equity & inclusion initiatives, etc.
- Data visualization skills (e.g., Tableau)
- Fluency in German, French, and/or a nordic language
- Within 1 month, you’ll have completed a comprehensive and supportive onboarding process to help you understand the product, the business, and the workplace equity space.
- Within 3 months, you’ll be fully ramped and working with customers to provide best practice advice and support custom analytics.
- Within 6 months, you’ll be developing and delivering advanced custom analytics and advice to customers, while also contributing meaningfully to Syndio subject matter trainings and thought leadership initiatives.
- Check out our Employee Experience page for more information on our Mission & Values, Work-Life Balance, Pay Transparency, Diversity, Culture, and Benefits.
- 💰 Competitive Compensation. For this role our base salary is targeted Netherlands: €68.000 - €88.000 per year, plus 8% holiday pay. Final offer amounts are determined by factors such as experience and expertise.
- 🏆 Syndio Equity. So you can share in Syndio’s success.
- 🏝 25 days annually. We encourage our team to recharge when they need to, plus paid sick & safe time, compassion leave, and voting leave.
- 🏦 Pension Contribution
- Fully remote model - #LI-Remote
The interview overview
Below you'll find an outline of the interview plan for our Workplace Equity Specialist position. Please note that this is what we expect the process to look like; we may ask you for supplemental information or require an additional step before making a final decision.
- 30 min interview with a member of our Talent Team
- A take-home assignment, problem set designed to assess your knowledge in the space of pay equity and statistics, as well as your consulting ability.
- 45 minute zoom interview with the Hiring Manager
- Four video interviews with several team members (Customer Success, Sales, Research & Data, and Advice & Analytics) - 2.15 hours
At Syndio, we're building a diverse team that values candor, curiosity, and community. If you share these values and are interested in joining us, we'd love to talk with you even if you don't 100% meet the "about you" listed here. We don't expect anyone to have all the answers, as long as you're willing to learn and grow with us.
Employees joining the Syndio team at this early stage of growth will impact this critical social issue and support a growing customer base (including Nordstrom, General Mills, Match Group, and others) to take tangible action on workplace fairness.
Syndio is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are building an inclusive and collaborative workplace as we grow, and we welcome team members regardless of gender/identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, physical disability and age.