Workplace Equity Consultant
Do you want to empower organizations to fairly and equitably hire, promote, retain and compensate their employees? Syndio is a Series-C technology company committed to fairness in the workplace. Fueled by investments of $83M from Bessemer Ventures, Voyager Capital and social change organization Emerson Collective, Syndio is investing in growing our team and products.
This is a critical moment when organizations are looking for ways to take tangible action to fight gender and racial bias, and we believe creating diverse and inclusive workplaces for all starts with workplace equity.
- Draw on your past experience in compensation, HR, employment law, economics, or diversity, equity and inclusion (DE&I) strategy as well as Syndio-provided training on pay equity best practices to provide expert advice on advanced pay equity topics to customers, fellow employees, and external audiences.
- Partner with the customer success team to consult customers on advanced analytical and statistical methods related to their pay equity analyses and effective usage of the Syndio platform.Additionally, work on developing actionable plans for customers to implement based on their findings and facilitate communication about these insights.
- Work closely with the marketing, sales, and customer success teams to deliver high-quality research and advice on pay equity topics through white papers, webinars, conference events, and custom research reports.
- Translate custom analytics into product requirements and support product and development teams as needed on design and implementation plans.
- Partner with the data science and development teams to ensure statistical and systematic accuracy in the product.
- Participate in comprehensive, ongoing training to gain in-depth knowledge about the nuances of pay equity, including statistics, analytics methods, and pay equity laws.
- Within 1 month, you’ll have completed a comprehensive and supportive onboarding process to help you understand the product, the business, and the pay equity space.
- Within 3 months, you’ll be fully ramped and working with customers to provide best practice advice and support custom analytics.
- Within 6 months, you’ll be developing and delivering advanced custom analytics and advice to customers, while also contributing meaningfully to Syndio subject matter trainings and thought leadership initiatives.
- You are passionate about our mission to close pay gaps and create fairness in the workplace.
- You have experience or knowledge in pay equity, compensation, HR consulting, or compliance-related analytics (We do not provide legal advice, but the individual in this role is expected to provide expert-level compliance advice.).
- You have a proven track record of developing and applying statistical knowledge to data driven questions.
- You are comfortable generating and interpreting statistical models, analyses, graphs and data.
- You have demonstrated experience with a variety of analytical tools (e.g. R, Python, Excel, SQL, etc.)
- You have the ability to explain and present complicated concepts and research projects to diverse audiences (e.g. in-house counsel, c-suite, HR analytics, etc.)
- You are deeply curious, willing to explore all aspects of the product to understand and identify new opportunities to meet customer needs.
- You have strong attention to detail in all aspects of your work, but especially around the reliability and accuracy of your advice and analyses.
- You are a self-starter who thrives working independently to solve complex problems, with minimal supervision, in a collaborative, kind, and supportive environment.
- You are driven to provide solutions that meet customer needs in a flexible, and often proactive, way.
- You are willing to ask questions and turn to your teammates for support and expertise.
- You’re excited to own and drive initiatives within Syndio that leverage and build your skills and interests.
- At least a master’s degree with significant coursework in a quantitative field, such as economics, statistics, mathematics, sociology, physics, or computer science.
- Experience consulting Fortune 500 organizations on topics related to their people, such as compensation, HR policies, diversity, equity & inclusion initiatives, etc.
- Check out our Employee Experience page for more information on our Mission & Values, Work-Life Balance, Pay Transparency, Diversity, Culture, and Benefits.
- 💰 Competitive Compensation. For this role our base salary is targeted at $137,000 - $155,000 per year. Final offer amounts are determined by factors such as experience and expertise. We take a geo neutral approach to compensation within the US, meaning that we pay based on job function and level, not location.
- 💸 Additional Incentive. This role participates in our annual performance bonus as well.
- 🏆 Syndio Equity. So you can share in Syndio’s success.
- 🏝 Flexible Vacation Policy. We encourage our team to recharge when they need to, plus paid sick & safe time, compassion leave, and voting leave.
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- 🩺 Medical, Dental, Vision. Syndio pays 90% of employee premiums, and 50% for dependents.
- 🏥 Life Insurance & Disability. Syndio covers the full premium.
- 🏦 401(k). To help you save for your future.
Below you'll find an outline of the interview plan for our Domain Expert position. Please note that this is what we expect the process to look like; we may ask you for supplemental information or require an additional step before making a final decision.
- 30 min interview with a member of our Talent Team
- 30 minute zoom interview with the Hiring Manager
- Take home assignment - conceptual pay equity and fairness questions and basic statistical problem set
- Three video interviews with several team members (Domain Experts, Customer Success Managers, Data Scientists and Data Analysts) - 1.75 hours
- Final 30 minutes with the Hiring Manager
At Syndio, we're building a diverse team that values candor, curiosity, and community. If you share these values and are interested in joining us, we'd love to talk with you even if you don't 100% meet the "about you" listed here. We don't expect anyone to have all the answers, as long as you're willing to learn and grow with us.
Employees joining the Syndio team at this early stage of growth will impact this critical social issue and support a growing customer base (including Nordstrom, General Mills, Match Group, and others) to take tangible action on workplace fairness.
Syndio is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are building an inclusive and collaborative workplace as we grow, and we welcome team members regardless of gender/identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, physical disability and age.